IOCL Engineering Assistant, Technical Attendant-I Exam Syllabus, Exam Study Materials, Exam Pattern, Exam Centre’s, and Candidates can also check the table provided below on this page to know every aspect of the exam pattern. Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission
Selection Procedure: Online Exam, Interview
IOCL Engineering Assistant Exam Pattern: The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:-
|1||Written Test||60 marks|
|2||Trade Test||25 marks|
|3||Personal Interview||15 marks|
- In the Written Exam, there shall be total 120 objective type questions out of which 80 questions on Technical discipline shall be from General Science and on basic ITI trades. The remaining 40 questions will be on General Aptitude and Reasoning, General English/Hindi, Numerical Aptitude and General Knowledge
- The Trade Test shall be of written form. Maximum marks in Trade Test shall be 25 and the duration of Trade Test shall be of 25 minutes. A list of basic Engineering items / tools & instruments used in Engineering / ITI shall be displayed during Trade Test and the short-listed candidates will be asked to identify these tools and write its name and usages / characteristics in the answer sheet.
General Conditions for Selection Process:
- Written Test shall be of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) consisting of 4 options with one correct option. Candidate has to choose the correct option
- There shall be 120 questions in the Written Test and the Total marks shall be 60. Each correct answer shall carry 0.5 marks and there shall be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The candidates will mandatorily have to qualify each individual stage of the selection process for being adjudged suitable for selection.
- Candidates, who qualify the Written Test, shall be shortlisted for Trade Test in the ratio of 1:10 for one vacancy. Trade Test shall be conducted tentatively on next day of Written Test.
- Candidates, who qualify the Trade Test, shall be short-listed for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:5 for one vacancy.
- Final merit list will be prepared, based on the cumulative marks scored by the candidate in Written Test, Trade Test and Personal Interview. Offer of appointment will be issued to the selected candidates as per the merit list
- List of short-listed candidates from Written Test to Trade Test and Trade Test to Personal Interview shall be displayed at Examination Center. The list shall also be displayed on the IOCL website along with time and venue of the Trade Test / Personal Interview, either on the same day or the next working day. No other separate communication shall be sent to the candidates for informing the results of the Written Test / Trade Test. Time and venue of declaration of result of Written Test shall also be announced in the Examination Center immediately after the Test is over.
- List of finally selected candidates to whom offer of appointment shall be issued, shall also be displayed on the IOCL website after issuance of offer of appointment
- Venue of Written Test, Trade Test and Personal Interview is at Panipat (Haryana). The exact dates of Written Test, Trade Test and Interview shall be communicated in the Admit Card for Written Test and also shall be displayed in the IOCL website. The tentative dates are as under:
Exam Centre: Panipat (Haryana)
IOCL Panipat Exam Syllabus 2016: Click Here to Download